2021 Double Platinum Sponsors
North Star Energy
As a boutique land services firm, NSE’s primary goal is to provide the highest level of service and professionalism to our clients, as evidenced by our work product. To consistently meet that goal, we staff our projects with the most qualified landmen in the industry. Our team consists of experienced and well-versed field landmen, attorneys, and former in-house landmen, representing a collective wealth of knowledge and experience sufficient to manage any project.
We are devoted to our clients’ needs and we recognize that those need and directives can and do change frequently. As such, we are available to our clients at all times, redirecting resources and staffing as needed in real time. Our client-focused and responsiveness-driven approach has served our clients well, enabling us to provide efficiently-produced deliverables on a consistent basis.
As a result, we often have long-standing relationships with our clients, marked by mutual trust and respect. We aim to be our clients’ broker of choice, handling their most complex and sensitive projects.
TCO Land Services and Compliance
TCO is the leader in Technology-Driven Land Solutions. Our proprietary platform drives a higher level of efficiency, productivity and accuracy, all backed by our 60-year track record. We recognize the complexities of land services and have always strived for a better way to do things.
Land Service business processes need to be efficient. Our motto is “only do a task once”. Whether it’s downloading and briefing a document, securing curative, compiling notification lists, creating a chain of title or running a report, we don’t believe in repetitive and inefficient tasks.
New technologies have helped operators dramatically improve the productivity of drilling operations and boosted returns, and in the same spirit TCO has applied innovated information technology to deliver a higher level of efficiency, service and quality to Land Services. At TCO we have become masters of efficiency by:
- Using resources and personnel in the most cost effective way possible
- Developing and utilizing our proprietary software to eliminate rework and duplicate documents
We understand that strict time, accuracy and compliance fuel your profitability. With this in mind, Topographic offers comprehensive services designed around your Oil and Gas surveying needs. With a presence in almost every major shale play across the United States and a staff of 20 Professional Land Surveyors, 50+ draftsmen, 100+ crews and a dedicated GIS department, we survey more than 1000 miles of pipeline and over 5000 wells annually.
2021 Platinum Sponsors
Our issues-focused team of Energy lawyers offers knowledgeable and creative problem-solving to our oil and gas industry clients, providing representation and counsel across a range of matters:
- Assist with the acquisition and development of oil and gas reserves.
- Represent buyers of oil and gas assets.
- Negotiate and execute large due diligence projects.
- Conduct title examinations and prepare and review title opinions, including complex acquisition, drilling and division order title opinions.
- Negotiate complex oil and gas leases, purchase and sale agreements, and exchange agreements, including review of joint operating agreements, participation agreements, title standards, statutes and case law.
- Advise on the implications of working interest partners, net revenue interest partners, and royalty interest owners related to payment of proceeds from oil and gas production.
- Represent mineral exploration and development companies in the acquisition of easements and rights-of-way, including access across easements and rights-of-way owned by utilities, railroads, government entities and developers.
- Provide acquisition and operational counsel with regard to numerous U.S. producing basins, including the federal tax implications associated with such transactions.
- Represent secured and unsecured creditors and trustees in oil and gas bankruptcies and receiverships.
- Advise on various estate matters that concern management of mineral interest, working interest and overriding royalty interest assets, as well as drafting of instruments that pertain to the transfer or organization of said interests.
- Oversee environmental audits and contested landfill and hazardous waste projects.
Akers & Thompson LLC
Akers & Thompson LLC is committed to serving our clients with personalized service that is customized and specifically tailored for each client’s unique and individual criteria for legal professional services. We pride ourselves on detail oriented quality work that has established our reputation as experienced, responsive, trustworthy, and thorough attorneys. Please contact us to see how we can make your legal experience a good one.
Oram & Houghton, PLLC
Oram & Houghton, PLLC is a full service natural resources law firm that specializes in upstream and midstream operations. Our core competencies include mineral title examination, oil and gas transactions, Indian law issues, and representation of clients before state regulatory agencies. The hallmarks of our firm are accessibility, depth of knowledge, exceptional efficiency, and superior quality. Each of our attorneys takes great pride not only in mastery of their practice areas, but also in being available for client questions and inquiries at any time. Our team of seven qualified, experienced, and motivated attorneys includes former landmen and commercial litigators. Oram & Houghton is supported by two paralegals with years of experience in the oil and gas industry, as well as a mapping / GIS engineer responsible for three dimensional mapping of surface and subsurface interests. Attorney licensed to practice in: Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio, Idaho, and Minnesota.
Carleton Gotlin Law PC
Experts in Upstream Oil and Gas
At CGL, we care about our clients and finding the optimal resolution to any energy or natural resources matter. From title examination and contract drafting to regulatory and mineral ownership issues, our team of attorneys is made up of industry experts. We apply decades of legal experience and practical exploration to guide our clients in the right direction.
Enduring Resources, LLC
Enduring Resources creates value through the identification, acquisition and exploitation of significant resource plays by:
- Focusing on plays with large resource potential. Our experience shows that the greatest value in the exploration and production business is created through pioneering the exploitation of core acreage positions with significant resource potential.
- Focusing on geographies where we have or can transfer industry leading knowledge. Our management team has been successful in the economic development of oil and gas plays from the leasing phase to full scale exploitation in many geographic basins in the United States. With the knowledge base we developed, we opportunistically deploy our expertise to new and evolving plays for best in class execution and results.
- Improving development concepts during delineation. Engineering plays a pivotal role with geology and geophysics in the delineation phase of project development. Optimal value generation is achieved through the continuous improvement of recovering reserves while striving to improve capital efficiency and manage operating costs.
- Deploying advancing technology. The appropriate deployment of new or advancing technologies can enhance economic returns through all phases of project development. As an early, and successful, adopter of new technology, we enhance value as incremental recoverable reserves are unlocked.
- Increasing value through vertical integration. Most newly developing oil and gas plays lack the midstream infrastructure to adequately support upstream operations. In order to maximize our margins and to better control our value chain, we construct critical midstream infrastructure in the areas where we operate, including gathering systems; centralized compression; intrastate pipelines; water production, handling and reconditioning facilities; centralized batteries; gas treatment and liquids extraction facilities.
- Building excellent working relations with landowners and service providers.
- Operating in a prudent, safe and environmentally sensitive manner.
- Creating a workplace where everyone is a winner.
Horizon Resources, LLC
MINERAL, ROYALTY AND WORKING INTEREST ACQUISITIONS
Horizon Resources, LLC (“Horizon”) is a Denver-based company focused on acquiring mineral and royalty interests along with leasehold and participation rights in prolific oil and gas basins throughout the continental US. We are dedicated to building a large portfolio of complementary assets in the core of established basins, with a preference to assets with expected near-term development activity or existing cash flow.
PROVEN INVESTMENT EXPERIENCE
Horizon’s management team has a proven track record of disciplined investing and building successful companies. Now in its third iteration, Horizon continues to grow organically and through strategic partnerships. Horizon diligently evaluates over 1200 unique deals on average per year covering hundreds of thousands of acres.
Since its inception, Horizon has developed and maintained key partnerships with public and private operators as well as brokers and private sellers. Our team can evaluate investment opportunities quickly and fairly and will work with partners and sellers to find an arrangement that best suits individual needs and desires. With a commitment to conduct its business with complete transparency and integrity, Horizon facilitates transactions that bring mutual benefit to all parties involved.
Discovery Land Services
Discovery Land Services (“Discovery”) is a Denver-based full service land brokerage with extensive domestic experience that is committed to providing unparalleled results on each and every project.
This is accomplished by using its seasoned team of Project Managers, title examiners and lease brokers to timely complete each project within Client parameters and budgetary guidelines.
Further cost-saving efficiencies are realized by Discovery’s use of a variety of internally designed programming tools and applications to effectively query and capture electronically all available online data.
The entire Discovery Team are sanctioned members of and closely adhere to the professional standards of the American Association of Professional Landmen.
To discuss your next project, contact Discovery at Info@DiscoveryLand.com.