Tickets are not available as this event has passed.
Denver Association of Petroleum Landmen
45th Annual Fall Land Institute
Thursday October 25, 2018 @ The Ritz Carlton–Denver
7:15 am – Registration Opens
7:30 am – Continental Breakfast
8:00 am – 8:20 am: Welcoming Remarks & AAPL Update
* CHAD REPKO, President, Denver Association of Petroleum Landmen
* MELANIE BELL, Executive Vice-President, American Association of Professional Landman
8:20 am – 9:20 am: Downturn, Rebound, and Outlook
* CHRIS WRIGHT, CEO of Liberty Oilfield Services, Executive Chairman of Liberty Resources LLC
9:20 am –9:50 am: Oil and Gas Underlying Riparian Lands
* KATIE MOISAN, Associate, Tjornehoj & Hack, LLC
9:50 am – 10:00 am – Coffee Break
10:00 am – 10:45 am: Colorado and Wyoming State Lands Overview
* CHRISTEL KORANDA, Minerals Director, Colorado State Land Board
* TATE SMITH, Mineral Leasing Supervisor, Wyoming Office of State Lands
10:45 am – 11:30 am: The Martinez Decision
* JAMES PARROT, Shareholder, Beatty & Wonziak , P.C.
* JOSEPH KMETZ, Landman, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
11:30 am – 12:00 pm – Lunch Line
12:00 pm – 12:50 pm: Why Engineers want to be Landmen
* CALEB RING, Non-Op Engineer, PDC Energy, Inc.
12:50 pm – 1:00 pm – Break (Beatty and Wozniak Coffee Cart)
1:00 pm – 2:50 pm: Panel Discussion on State Regulatory Regimes
* NICK SWARTZENDRUBER, Member, Poulson, Odell & Peterson LLC
* HEATHER MITCHELL, Regulatory Manager, Encana Oil and Gas
* TYLER SKAVDAHL, Senior Landman, Navigation Petroleum
2:50 pm – 3:05 pm – Break
3:05 pm – 4:20 pm: Ethics Panel for Landmen and Lawyers
* Led by the DAPL ETHICS COMMITTEE
4:30 pm – Adjourn / Happy Hour Mixer
If you are a member of the DAPL be sure to log in before purchasing to receive the member price
Non Members: $280.00
THE FINE PRINT * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- Any requests for a refund must be received by the DAPL office on or before 4 pm on Thursday, October 26th. However, you may find a substitute attendee if you are unable to attend.
- Online registration will provide the quickest reservation confirmation.
- A “Waiting List” will be created to try to accommodate registrations that exceed the institute capacity. However, Members on the “Waiting List” whose company has provided “sponsorship” will be given priority in the event if there are any cancellations.
- Each Attendee is responsible for downloading, printing and bringing the materials provided by each speaker. The materials provided by each speaker can be found on the DAPL Website. Attendees will be notified via email when speaker materials have been uploaded.
Sponsorship Opportunities Available! (click here to download sponsor information/form)